E5 is Microsoft’s new top-tier Office 365 Enterprise Subscription
Everything you need to know about Microsoft’s new top-tier Office 365 offering – E5
On December 1st, 2015, Microsoft released a new top-tier Office 365 subscription SKU dubbed Office 365 E5. The E5 suite will replace E4 as the top Office 365 suite and includes the most comprehensive set of productivity, collaboration, voice and meetings, analytics, security, and compliance capabilities in Office 365 to date.
Watch the On Demand Office E5 Webinar
Office 365 E5 Pricing
Below are the different Office 365 tiers and their respective price points broken down on a per user, per month basis:
- Office 365 E1: $8/month
- Office 365 E3: $20/month
- Office 365 E4: $22/month (Will no longer be available after June 2016)
- Office 365 E5: $35/month
- Compare plans side-by-side
Is Office 365 E5 worth the extra money?
While Office 365 E1, E3 and E4 offer a wide variety of features, E5 has added several new tools that could help dramatically increase Microsoft’s market share in the enterprise cloud market.
- Archiving, Rights Management, Data Loss Prevention and Encryption: While these new features are also being added to Office 365 E3, they should be welcome for IT administrators who are hesitant to move to the cloud due to security and data management concerns.
- Equivio Analytics for eDiscovery, Access Control, Secure Attachments and URLs: These new tools are only available for Office 365 E5 users and ensure your organization’s data is always secure and that all of your data will be accessible should you need it for discovery purposes. Other cloud providers are charging significantly more for these features. Learn more about Advanced eDiscovery.
- Cloud PBX: Another benefit of Office 365 E5 through Skype for Business is that organizations will be able to migrate their phone systems to the cloud for no additional fees outside of their per user Office 365 E5 subscriptions. This will allow many organizations to instantly save significant resources.
- PSTN Conferencing: Another new feature coming to Skype for Business through Office 365 E5 is the ability to hold conference calls through the cloud, which is a feature that users have been interested in for some time.
A new feature set that E5 and E3 now share is archiving, rights management, data loss prevention and encryption. Meanwhile, E1, E3 and E5 all now have several new social and collaborative features, including Skype Meeting Broadcast, which allows virtual meetings via browsers and devices for up to 10,000 attendees.
Exclusive to E5 among the Office 365 subscriptions are Equivio Analytics for eDiscovery, secure attachments and URLs, access control, Power BI Pro, Delve Analytics, and, via Skype for Business, both Cloud PBX and PSTN Conferencing.
Not sure which Office 365 plan is right for your company?
That’s okay! Compare Office 365 plans and see the free services provided by MessageOps by becoming an Office 365 customer through the Cloud Solution Provider program (CSP): https://www.messageops.com/office-365-pricing/
Our team of Office 365 experts is here to help. We can work with you to determine which plan meets your organization’s current and future needs. And when you buy through MessageOps, you receive a slew of value-added benefits including training, adoption, enhanced reporting, tips and tricks, and much more! Learn more here or call us today at 877-788-1617.