Mac Users Can Now Transition from Evernote to OneNote
Avoid rising Evernote fees and migrate your data to OneNote
If you’re a longtime Evernote user, Mac user, and Office 365 subscriber, you now have new options when it comes to migrating your existing notes to OneNote. Thanks to Microsoft’s new OneNote importer tool, Mac users can easily migrate all of their Evernote notes over to the Microsoft platform.
Why migrate from Evernote to OneNote?
Evernote, which has long been the gold standard when it comes to cloud-based note-taking providers, recently quietly raised prices and severely restricted the capabilities of their free users. Free users now can only sync data across 2 devices, and upload 60 Megabytes (MB) of new data each month.
OneNote, on the other hand is included in Office 365 and allows syncing support across all devices. With many enterprise users needing access to their cloud data across a myriad of platforms, OneNote looks to be angling to serve this new market by making the move from Evernote to OneNote worry-free and seamless.
How to migrate your Evernote data to OneNote
If you’re looking to make the move to OneNote, follow these steps to migrate all of your data:
1. On your Mac computer where Evernote is installed, visit https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote and click on Download the Importer.
2. Install the Evernote importer.
3. If you have all of your Evernote notes synced locally, OneNote Importer will automatically find all of your notes. From the list that is displayed, you can select the notebooks that you want to import into OneNote.
4. Identify the Microsoft Account that you want to use with OneNote.
5. Click Import.
6. You now should be able to view your notes in OneNote for Mac. If you don’t currently have OneNote for Mac installed, you can always download it here.
Once your notes have been imported into OneNote, they can easily be accessed via the Web as well as mobile devices, and of course your Mac machine.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to an Evernote Migration to OneNote
Below are a few answers to some questions you may have while using the OneNote Importer:
Does OneNote need to be installed on my machine?
No, the import is done through the cloud. You can install OneNote if you would like, by visiting http://www.onenote.com/download.
Will attachments be imported?
Yes, attachments such as images and PDF files will be imported.
How long will the import process take?
This largely depends on how many notes you have and their size. The process should take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
Interested in learning more about OneNote for your business?
If you’d like to learn more about other unique features of OneNote, including the new Evernote import, feel free to give our team a call today at 877-788-1617 or through our contact form.