Office 365 Updates for July 2017
Microsoft recently announced new enhancements to Office 365 that were added in July. At their recent Microsoft Inspire annual conference, they announced “Microsoft 365” and debuted three new business apps to help companies of all sizes empower their employees and unlock growth and innovation. They also introduced new features to help Office 365 subscribers create and connect more effectively.
The following includes what’s new in the Office 365 world:
- Microsoft 365 – This offering combines Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security for businesses, both large and small. Learn more about Microsoft 365
- Outlook updates –Outlook 2016 for Windows and Outlook on the web has been improved with a smarter To: line (with smart contact suggestions) and a redesigned conversation view. Outlook for iOS also picks up an improved layout in conversation view. This feature is coming to Android soon.
- New business apps in Office 365 Business Premium –Microsoft launched three new business apps for Office 365 Business Premium in July: Microsoft Connections, Microsoft Listings, and Microsoft Invoicing. These apps are rolling out in preview to subscribers in the U.S., U.K., and Canada, starting with those in the First Release program. A fourth app called MileIQ is for mileage tracking, is available to all Business Premium subscribers in the U.S., U.K. and Canada effective immediately.
- PowerPoint timelines –The PowerPoint Designer on Windows desktop and Mac (in English for U.S. customers in the Office Insider program) has been updated to recognize times, dates and topics on your slides and intelligently redesign the content into professional-looking timelines.
- 3D objects in Office apps –You can now add and edit 3D objects in Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2016 for Windows (requires the Windows 10 Creators Update).
- Word Read Aloud –Office Insiders using Word on Windows desktops can now access an improved Read Aloud feature from the Review tab. It will be generally available later this year.
- StaffHub improvements.StaffHub received several enhancements in July on both Android and iOS. Updates to StaffHub are available today by request and can be turned on for specific teams and customers.