OneDrive Can Help You Boost Productivity and Cut Costs
Is your company leveraging the cost savings and efficiency gains from cloud storage?
If you and your team are relying on onboard storage at each workstation or even a shared file server, there is a better way. Thanks to advances in technology, organizations of all sizes can benefit from cloud storage. With Office 365 you have access to OneDrive for Business, a fully featured cloud-based storage solution that offers a whole host of benefits compared to on-premises storage.
Benefits of using OneDrive for your cloud storage needs
With so many cloud storage providers, many of which are free, why should your team make the switch to OneDrive for Business? The reality is that OneDrive offers many benefits that free storage providers aren’t able to provide, a few of which include:
- Restore deleted or infected files. Thanks to a function called Files Restore, users of OneDrive for Business can recover files that were accidentally deleted, corrupted, or infected with malware.
- Worldwide infrastructure. OneDrive for Business and Office 365 offer multi-geo capabilities to ensure that the data residency requirements of international companies are met.
- Minimize disk space usage. Thanks to OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10, your cloud files won’t utilize any local disk space. This may sound counterintuitive, but most free cloud providers use local disk space to save a copy of files stored in the cloud. This essentially defeats the purpose of using the cloud to save disk space.
- Secure file sharing capabilities. Rather than allowing your employees to share files stored in the cloud with just anyone, OneDrive for Business gives IT admins full visibility over which files have been shared and with whom. Also, external users can now access shared files even without a Microsoft account.
Boost productivity and trim costs thanks to OneDrive for Business
Aside from the benefits mentioned above, migrating to OneDrive for Business can boost productivity and will help impact your bottom line. If you’re looking for a set of reasons to take to the C-suite to help push the move to the cloud forward, be sure to highlight the following:
- Access data from multiple devices. Today’s worker is more of a nomad than ever before. With employees looking for more remote work opportunities, a company’s cloud infrastructure needs to support this increasingly contemporary work environment. With OneDrive for Business, your employees can access company data from their desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet. This way regardless of where they’re located, they can have instant access to important information to ensure projects are not stuck at any point.
- Reduce your infrastructure needs. Gone are the days where you had to build out a sophisticated data center to handle your file storage needs. Not only are data centers prohibitively expensive to install, but they’re also extremely expensive to maintain and support as well. With cloud infrastructure, you hand all these duties over to Microsoft, a global leader in cloud technologies.
- Solves your backup predicament. If you’re like most small to midsize companies who aren’t leveraging the cloud, your backup procedures are likely less than ideal. By migrating to OneDrive for Business, your data will be instantly secure and safe from accidental deletions and even malware infections. Thanks to Files Restore, administrators can restore files from any point within the last 30 days. Having the ability to roll back data to any point within the last 30 days is a feature that could save a lot of headaches among companies of all sizes.
OneDrive offers added convenience and costs savings that are unmatched with on-premises solutions.
Companies of all sizes looking to simplify their file storage operations should look long and hard at OneDrive for Business. Not only can cloud file storage increase productivity and cut costs, but it can also boost security and aid with compliance requirements depending on your industry. To learn more about the capabilities of OneDrive for Business don’t hesitate to reach out to MessageOps today by phone at 877-788-1617 or through our online contact form.