Understanding SCCM Management Insights
By: Paul Prindle
Dashboard – SCCM Management Insights
Starting with SCCM 1802, a new SCCM feature provides information about the current state of your environment. SCCM Management Insights analyze data from your site and help you understand your environment and take action based on the insight. This feature is quite basic for now, but we understand where the PG team is heading with that and it will be a valuable feature in the upcoming releases.
SCCM MANAGEMENT INSIGHTS BASICS
For now, there are 6 available rules: Application without deployment, Cloud Services, Collections, Simplified Management, Software Center and Windows 10.
Management insights dashboard provides the following table to get a review of SCCM infra with action items. The following are the three (3) graphical representation of SCCM Management Insights.
- Management Insights Index– Your Management insights index score is a weighted measurement covering all aspects of your deployment
- Management Insights Groups– Collection, Applications, Software Center, Security, Simplified Management, Cloud Services, and Proactive Maintenance
- Management Insights Priority – Critical, Recommended, and Optional
The table view of insights is helpful to get an overview of action items. Please note that this view will be different for your environment.
|Insight Name||Group||Priority||Last Change||Status|
|Enable WSUS Cleanup||Proactive Maintenance||Recommended||11-11-2018 10:57||Action Needed|
|Enable devices to be hybrid Azure Active Directory joined||Cloud Services||Recommended||11-11-2018 10:57||Action Needed|
|Assess co-management readiness||Cloud Services||Recommended||11-11-2018 10:57||Action Needed|
|Configure Azure services for use with Configuration Manager||Cloud Services||Recommended||11-11-2018 10:57||Action Needed|
|Distribution points not serving content to clients||Proactive Maintenance||Recommended||11-11-2018 13:14||Action Needed|
|Applications without deployments||Applications||Optional||11-11-2018 10:57||Action Needed|
Where is the SCCM Management Insights Node?
Navigate to SCCM – \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights. I have explained this in the video tutorial here. Launch SCCM console and navigate via \Administration\Overview\Management Insights
- \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights
- \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights\Security
- \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights\Software Center
- \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights\Applications
- \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights\MacOS and Unix
- \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights\Simplified Management
- \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights\Collections
- \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights\Cloud Services
- \Administration\Overview\Management Insights\All Insights\Proactive Maintenance (in 1810?)
List of Groups – Management Insights
SCCM Management Insights Groups includes the following groups. These insights groups are segregated based on SCCM functionality. And SCCM team will add new groups in each release of SCCM.
- Software Center
- Simplified Management
- MacOS and Unix
- Cloud Services
- Proactive Maintenance
Each management insights group contains a set of rules, and those rules will help you to keep SCCM environment clean & healthy. SCCM team is adding new rules in each release of SCCM.
List of Rules – Management Insights
The new management rules are getting added with every release of SCCM. The following SCCM management insights rules are available out of the box:
- Software Center– Rule 1 – Direct your user to software center instead of the application catalog
- Software Center– Rule 2 – Use the new version of Software Center
- Security– Unsupported antimalware client versions
- MacOS and Unix– SCEP for Mac and Linux end of support
- Application– Rule 1 – Applications without deployments
- Simplified Management– Rule 1 – Non-CB Client Versions
- Collection– Rule 1 – Empty Collections
- Cloud Services– Rule 1 – Assess co-management readiness. There are three (3) prerequisites for co-management
Update clients to the latest Windows 10 version
2. Configure Azure Services for use with SCCM
3. Enable Devices to be hybrid Azure Active Directory Joined
- Cloud Services– Rule 2 – Configure Azure Services to use with SCCM
- Cloud Services– Rule 3– Enable Devices to be hybrid Azure Active Directory joined
- Cloud Services– Rule 4– Update Clients to the latest Windows Version
- Proactive Maintenance– Rule 1-Boundary groups with no assigned site systems
- Proactive Maintenance– Rule 2– Boundary groups with no members
- Proactive Maintenance– Rule 3-Distribution points not serving content to clients
- Proactive Maintenance– Rule 4– Enable WSUS Cleanup
- Proactive Maintenance– Rule 5-Unused boot images
- Proactive Maintenance– Rule 6-Unused configuration items
- Proactive Maintenance– Rule 7-Upgrade peer cache sources to the latest version of the SCCM client
Logs and Management Insights Automatic Schedule
The management insight rules reevaluate their applicability on a weekly schedule. To reevaluate a rule on-demand, right-click the rule and select Re-evaluate. The log file for management insight rules is SMS_DataEngine.log on the site server.
Component registry key – HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Tracing\SMS DataEngine
Log File – SMS_DataEngine.log
SCCM Management Insights – Take Action Button is Missing?
Have you seen Management insights but there is no button called Take Action? How to fix this kind of issue? How to troubleshoot SCCM management insights?
First of all you need to understand the SCCM management Insights Take Action option is available only for SCCM 1806 or later.
Navigate to a filtered view based on a query. For example, taking action on the empty collections rule shows just these collections in the list of collections. Then take further action, such as deleting a collection or modifying its membership rules.
For more information email [email protected]
Or visit www.messageops.com